The French version follows the English version. / La version française suit la présente version anglaise.
June 24th, 2020
RE: Update on Lakeshore Football activities
Dear Lakeshore Football family,
We are happy to announce that our 2020 Football Season is finally here, and we are very excited about seeing our players start practicing in the weeks to come!
Before starting practices, as per Football Quebec COVID‐19 return to play guidelines, all participants will be required to register and sign an Acknowledgment of Risk Covid‐19 form. As well because of the extra sanitary precautions we must take to ensure the safety of all participants, a $100 fee will be required for each participant when registering. This fee will be deducted from the regular season registration fees when we progress to the stage of having real season games.
You can register and obtain the Acknowledgment of Risk Covid‐19 form by clicking on the following links.
For those of you who have not registered yet please do so at:
Risk Covid‐19 form:
The Acknowledgment of Risk Covid‐19 form can be completed, signed and returned electronically to your respective team Head Coach before the first practice. If you can’t return the forms electronically before the first practice, you must bring them to the field the day of the first practice. If we do not have the completed signed forms before the first practice you will not be allowed to participate.
Special instructions related to the COVID‐19 situation.
Lakeshore Football Association will follow the Football Québec recommendations as outlined in their published Recovery Plan
- All players will be required to register before participating in any activity.
- All players must provide a completed Acknowledgment of Risk Form as mandated by Football Quebec.
- Both forms must be submitted to your team Head Coach before attending their first practice.
Guidelines and rules the organization will be following (STEP 5B – Football Quebec)
- At all times: respect the instructions in force issued by public health and those of the manager or owner of the infrastructure used.
- Risk Recognition form: before the first participation, anyone wishing to take part in a supervised training or a game must complete and submit the risk recognition form to their association.
- Number of participants and social distance: there is no longer a limit of participants. However, the time a player does not respect social distancing must not exceed 15 minutes in total.
- Pre‐workout screening: if you have symptoms, stay at home. Vulnerable people must refrain from participating or appearing at the field.
- Sanitary measures: wash hands before and after the chosen physical activity. Take shower and wash clothes when you get home. Participants should avoid touching the face and neck regions and wear gloves the entire time. Do not arrive at the training facility more than 15 minutes before the scheduled start of training. Players must arrive at the field already in training gear and exit the field immediately after practice. Bathrooms, locker rooms, portable toilets or water fountains are not available to any player, parent or program volunteer. Plan accordingly.
- Physical activities and equipment: No huddles allowed. All equipment must be disinfected before and after each use. Footballs and practice equipment (ex: tackle wheels) will be disinfected regularly. Attendance will be taken at all practices.
- Spectators: parents are encouraged to wait in their cars or stay two meters from each other.
- Hydration: players must bring their own water bottles with their names clearly indicated on them. No water will be provided by the teams.
- Case reporting: if a player or coach is diagnosed with COVID‐19 or is experiencing any symptoms between practices, the head coach or team manager must be contacted immediately. The name and a list of players on that team will be sent to the association. Players and coaches in that group cannot return to practice until given the go ahead by the association.
Your Head Coach will be in touch with you to provide more details as well as the starting dates and times.
Stay healthy & happy, and remember the Lakeshore Family is always there to support one and other.
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.Vince Lombardi, NFL Hall of Fame Coach
President, Lakeshore Football
English PDF version:Lakeshore-Football-Covid-19-memo-3EN
French PDF Version:Lakeshore-Football-Covid-19-memo-3FR